Types of wire rope
Wire rope consists of several strands of metal wire laid. It is important to select types of wire rope after understanding product features.
- SB (7×7)7×7 is a wire rope consisting of 7 strands of 1×7 wire rope.
- SC (7×19)7×19 wire rope is more flexible and more fatigue resistant than 7×7. (Suitable for the driving pulley)
- SA (3×7)A wire rope with basic configurations.
- SE (1×7)A basic unit of wire rope.
- SG (1×19)A rigid wire rope used for linear push-pull movements.
- NSB (7×7) nylon coating (color:translucent)A standard configuration combining seven 1×7.
- NSC (7×19) nylon coating (color:translucent)Compared to 7×7, it is flexible and excellent in fatigue characteristics. (ideal for driving via a pulley)
|SUS304||A most common material with corrosion resistance, heat resistance, and excellent mechanical properties.|
|SUS316||Coated with molybdenum, having more corrosion resistance and acid resistance than SUS304.
（※Please contact us for the availability of SUS316）
Information on technology: stainless steel wire rope
How to twist wire ropes
|There are two different types of twist wire ropes.
Z twist is commonly used.
A coating wire rope maximizes metallic feature.
|Nylon 12||Nylon 12 is used for driving wire rope to increase flexibility and abrasion resistance.
* Please refer to Wire Specifications for further information on diameter of SB(7×7)・SC（7×19）after coating.
|Dia X||A combination of Nylon and carbon increase fatigue resistance.
For further information on stocks of coated wire ropes, please contact us.
|Teflon||Teflon has chemical resistance and heat resistance.
* For further information on stocks of coated wire ropes, please contact us.